Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Happy Nails!

Cant help it...I just think these nails are happy!that's why I called them Halloween Happy nails. I used elements from the new Boo! Kit and the Coraline kit. I think any of the Coraline kits are great for Halloween too.

Here's what you need:


1. Plates m28, m13, & co6
2. you will also need a sheer base pink/blush


3. A konadable black polish, and any orange color for the tips and accent nail. Again I used a color from the tattoo taboo OPI kit
1. Paint sheer blush over all nails
2. Paint orange on the tips and over entire accent nail. I used 2X coats.
3. Stamp black Coraline tips. I used 2 different tip designs and alternated them every other tip ( not including the accent nail)
Follow with a spider stamp on each nail. I added two for the thumb so it would cover more. It make for an interesting design if each spider is in a different angle.
4. Use the Jack-o-Lanteren for the accent nail.

This is a pretty fast design if you freehand the orage tips over the blush. If you are not as fluent with painting your tips...you could do that FIRST, then clean the smile line with an acetone soaked brush, then pain blush on bottom 1/2 of nail. But I think here the Coreline tips help cover any small imperfections,
and it is a very forgiving design because of the space inbetween each graphic. Some of the other tips HAVE TO BE PERFECT and can be trickier.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Konadicure! You managed to incorporate all of the fun of Halloween!

Mayra P said...

OMG!!!! This is really pretty thanks for sharing <3

JennXOXO said...

This is awesome! I love it!

awesomevegan said...

This is really cool! I need to do a spider mani this month! :)

Camille Santos said...

its sooo pretttyyy!!!!!i do like your nails i do messy base but you its so neat!

konADDICT said...

Evil angel.....you are quite the regular now haw?? ALWAYS BRINGING THE GENEROUS COMMENTARY:) THANK YOU FOR THAT.
Awesome vegan, I want you to email me your spider K?
thanks jen & myra.
Shobe...im sure that's not at all true....but sometimes, just doing tips is easier & more complementry on enhanced nails. I have been applying a gel overlay for a few months now...& once in a while, If i work them too thick- they look terrible when I paint the full nail. So, you will often find me wearing pilished tips. I paint my mother-in-laws full because she has natural nails.

Thanks for checling out my designs.

chocaddict said...

really cool mani (as always) I love how you always mix designs from different plates

that mini OPI bottle is so cute, I might end up buying the kit just because it's so adorable ^_^

I was planning on doing a halloween mani but I had to hack all my nails after bearking two of them :(

ThRiSzHa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ThRiSzHa said...

wow!! ur really a certified KONADDICT!! i love all ur konadicure...this design really made me to lemming more for the coraline kit & opi glows in the dark polish.. =( waaaaaaaaaaaa....
btw.. thanks for ur comments on my page!! U REALLY ROCK GIRL!!
is it ok if i made a quick link for ur boo kit giveaway?
have a great sunday sweety... xoxo

konADDICT said...

well thank you thriszha, of course thats OK! So, i thought you said you have to pay extra when you import? You con't buy internationally without fee's? Otherwise you could just buy all those great plates, not available to you, over the internet?

konADDICT said...

well thank you thriszha, of course thats OK! So, i thought you said you have to pay extra when you import? You con't buy internationally without fee's? Otherwise you could just buy all those great plates, not available to you, over the internet?

KONADomania said...

such a great manicure, so perfect for Halloween, love it<3

Mama Jen said...

love it! so much fun

steph said...

I love your nails! It makes me want to have orange french tip nails for halloween too :)

triax68 said...

Helloo what name china glaze. Spanish'm sorry

Crystal Caviar Cuticles

Working with Caviar beads is a little challenging.  You need enough gel under them to help them stick, but not so much that they drown and ...